Udaipur Travel Restrictions 2020 – 2021 – A Complete Guide for Safe Travel
The world has started to take the pace amidst COVID-19 pandemic and so is the case when we see with the travel industry. Each of the destinations has imposed a strict regulation and restriction of travel in order to keep it safe and protected from COVID. In such a way, even the “Udaipur”, known as “The City of Lakes”, part of Rajasthan has laid restriction of travel.
Udaipur, Rajasthan Night Curfew lifted – Covid-19 Update
Covid-19 (Corona Virus) News Update in Udaipur, Rajasthan – April 2021
Rajasthan Government has passed an order on Sunday (18 April 2021) for the closure of all offices, malls, government offices and markets from Monday (19 April 2021) till 5 aM on 3rd May 2021. This decision has been taken to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. These restrictions also imply to the city of lakes – Udaipur.
What will remain open
1) Only essential services providing shops and offices will stay open during this period of 15 days shutdown in Rajasthan
2) Activities related to the employment of labourers, such as construction work and factories will be allowed to continue
3) District administration, finance department, control room and war room, public transport, home department, fire and emergency services, prisons, home guards, civil defence, disaster management, municipal corporations; personnel related to city development works, health and family welfare, electricity, drinking water, medicines, etc will be exempted from the purview of these curbs.
4) Medical services for pregnant women and patients, private hospitals, laboratories, and their associated personnel (with ID cards) will be exempted from the purview of the restrictions.
5) Shops for daily needs (fruits, milk, vegetables, etc) and ration will be permitted to function till 5 PM.
6) People who are selling fruits and vegetables on bicycles, auto-rickshaws/mobile vans, carts can continue till 7 PM.
7) Below are exempted
• People involved in goods transport, loading, unloading etc.
• Vehicle repair shops and dhabas on state roads and national highways
8) People who are registered to take their Covid-19 vaccine (above age 45) are allowed to travel with necessary documents and IDs.
9) Between 4 AM and 8 AM distribution of Newspapers can be done
10) Personeels working with electronic and print media can move with ID cards.
11) Under directions issued on April 14 weddings and funerals, attendance is allowed as per the guidelines stated therein.
12) For competitive exams that are already scheduled, examinees can travel to their centres by showing their admit cards.
13) Till 8 PM the delivery at home by restaurants, confectionaries etc are allowed
14) Till 8 PM all Petrol, LPG and PNG pumps will stay open
Other Guidelines, Requirements and Restrictions:
1) A negative report of the RT-PCR test done in the preceding 72 hours is necessary for those coming to Rajasthan
2) It is mandatory to show tickets to be allowed to go or come home from airports, railway stations and metro stations.
Travel Restrictions Udaipur Updates March 2021
Date: 18 March 2021
RT-PCR test is compulsory to be done 72 hours before arrival time to Udaipur for the travellers of the following states
2) Madhya Pradesh
Restrictions and Guidelines for Hotels in Udaipur:
All hotels in Udaipur are only permitted to make room bookings only seeing/verifying negative coronavirus report.
Social Distancing and Penalty in Udaipur:
If any visitor/traveller in Udaipur is found not wearing masks or maintaining social distancing will be penalised.
Date: 18 January 2021
As per latest announcement from Ashok Gehlot Rajasthan Chief Minister, in a tweet, confirmed that night Curfew will be lifted from Udaipur from 18 January 2021.
This decision to end the night curfew was taken at Chief Minister residence in a Covid-19 review meeting.
Udaipur Travel Restrictions – January 2021 Update
The Night curfew from night 8 PM to morning 6 PM is expected to remain in Udaipur until further information published by the State Government of Rajasthan. You can read and follow to December 2020 guidelines below.
We would recommend to travel by bus or car instead of flights by following all Covid-19 guidelines. All attractions and point of interests are expected to remain open in the year 2021.
For more information related to travel in Udaipur in 2021Udaipur Corona Control Room Number: 6367304312
Travel Guidelines for UK Travellers
Government of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Announcement – 1 January 2021
The Government of United Kingdom (UK) has reported to World Health Organization (WHO) about a new variant of SARS- CoV 2 virus [Variant Under Investigation (VUI)-20212/01]
Considering this situation all international travelers as described in the scope above will be required to declare as per existing procedure, their travel history (of past 14 days) and fill up the Self Declaration Form to be screened for COVID-19.
The flights from UK stand suspended temporarily from 23rd December till 31st December 2020 or till further orders.
All the passengers coming from UK during the intervening period from 21st to 23rd December 2020 shall be subjected to the following process:
- All passengers travelling from or transiting through airports in UK and disembarking in India would be subjected to RT-PCR test on
- arrival. In case of a positive sample, it is recommended that spike gene-based RT-PCR test should also be performed by an appropriate laboratory.
- Passengers testing positive shall be isolated in an institutional isolation facility in a separate (isolation) unit coordinated by the respective State Health Authorities
- Those who are found negative on testing with RT-PCR at the airport would be advised quarantine at home
- Those international travelers from UK who arrived in India from 25th November to 8 th December 2020 (1st & 2nd week from 25th November) will be contacted by District Surveillance Officers and advised to self-monitor their health. If anyone amongst them develops symptoms, they will be tested by RT PCR
All the passengers coming from UK during the intervening period from 8th January to 30th January 2021 shall be subjected to the following:
- All passengers should submit self-declaration form on the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in) at least 72 hours before the scheduled travel.
- All the passengers arriving from U.K. should be carrying Negative RT-PCR Test Report for which test should have been conducted within 72 hours prior to undertaking the journey. The same also shall be uploaded on the online portal (www.newdelhiairport.in)
- All the passengers arriving from UK in all international flights would be mandatorily subjected to self-paid RT-PCR tests on arrival at the Indian airports concerned (port of entry).
- Adequate arrangements for passengers waiting for their RT-PCR test as well as test results duly following effective isolation may also be made at the airports in conjunction with the airport authorities.
- Passengers testing positive shall be isolated in an institutional isolation facility in a separate (isolation) unit coordinated by the respective State Health Authorities.
- Above travelling related information is derived from below official source that applies to Udaipur as well.
- As this is an official information the text has not been edited.
For more details please refer to PDF link: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/SOPforthenewvariantofSARSCoV2inthecontextofregulatedresumptionoflimitedflightsoriginatingfromUnitedKingdomUKtoIndiafrom8thJanuary2021.pdf
December 2020 Udaipur Travel Restriction Update
Rajasthan state government has imposed night curfew in 13 district which includes Udaipur as well. This order is passed considering surging coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the state of Rajasthan.
The curfew will be applicable from 1 to 31 December 2020
The curfew in Udaipur will be from night 8 PM to the morning at 6 AM.
All markets, workplaces and commercial complexes etc will remain closed in Udaipur till 31st December 2020. All these shall be closed by 7 PM so people can reach their home by 8 PM.
The curfew will not be applicable for below:
1) Factory with the production of continuous nature
2) Factories having night shift
3) IT and IT companies
4) Chemist shops
5) Office related to essential emergency services
6) Marriage related gatherings
7) Any workplace related to medical services
8) Passengers coming/going to bus stand, railway station and airport
9) Movements of all trucks and other goods carrier vehicles and persons employed for loading and unloading goods.
The curfew in Udaipur will be from night 8 PM to the morning at 6 AM.
Unlock 4 Travel Restriction in Udaipur
As India enters the Unlock 4 phase, the Rajasthan government have imposed fresh restrictions by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot to combat the spread of COVID-19. We are glad to bring you the travel restrictions implied by the Rajasthan Government to make your travel to Udaipur safe and easy.
- The hotels, tourist places and landmarks are set open by the state government of Rajasthan
- There is no need for E-pass neither it is necessary to be quarantined while entering the state of Rajasthan
- Imposed Section 144 of the CrPC in 11 districts of the state. The districts include Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bhilwara, Udaipur, Sikar, Pali and Nagaur.
- There is a prohibition on the gathering of more than five persons at a place.
- The government has decided to continue the ban on social or religious functions until October 31.
- The permission for 20 people at funerals and 50 in marriage functions will continue.
- People will have to wear masks and follow social distancing norms.
Intrastate Travel Guidelines Laid by Rajasthan Government
- Intra state bus services started at full strength.
- RSRTC started with 800 Schedules along with Volvo and Scania buses.
- 300 more buses added post 6th June.
- 226 private BOs are now live with their services.
- Buses are permitted to ply after proper sanitization pre and post journey.
Interstate Travel Guidelines Laid by Rajasthan Government
- The travel services are allowed with mutual permission of states only.
- RSRTC permitted interstate commute from Jaipur to Gurgaon.
- Commute to Gujarat, Delhi, Punjab, UP, Bihar, and Haryana is permitted.
- Passengers shall be screened at check posts set up at interstate borders.
- Passengers will have to show personal IDs for identification.
On top of this if you are planning to make your stay in Udaipur for a short trip, here are some of the tips which you can consider.
- Provide complete details such as travel history, medical conditions etc., along with IDs and self-declaration form at the hotel reception desk.
- For room service, communicate with in-house staff through intercom/ mobile phone, and room service while maintaining adequate social distance.
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- Strictly advised not to visit areas falling within containment zones.
- Self-monitor health and report any symptoms at the earliest to state and district helpline.
We wish you a safe and protected travel to Udaipur.