GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR
Explore the Hidden Heaven in Udaipur !!
Goram Ghat has been referred to as the eternal hidden heaven as one cannot directly access the scenic location via roads or other means other than railways. Here you’ll acquire all the necessary details about the Goram Ghat near Udaipur.
Goram Ghat is the “Ghat” section in between Kamli ghat and Phulad railway stations in a length of 22 Km. On Mavali–Marwar meter gauge line. It crosses the Aravali hills and joins Mewar & Marwar. Goram ghat is a fairly well forested hilly tract of central Aravali situated at a height of 900 meters MSL. The railway line laid in this Ghat section is a marvel of railway engineering. Train passes through an adventurous route and crosses 2 tunnels and 172 small & large bridges. Departure from Kamli ghat railway station at 10:00 am and, return journey by the same train shall start from Goram Ghat station at 3:30 pm reaching Kamli ghat at 5:00 pm. The approach to Goram ghat is by train only. View of Forested hills, Waterfalls, streams & Lake during train safari is like discovering Aravali on wheels. Goram ghat & Jogmandi temple are a popular place of worship here.
LOCATION MAP FOR GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
HISTORY OF GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
- The rail track to the Goram Ghat was built in 1932 by the Englishmen along with the help of former Mewar’s Maharana.
- The Journey was quite tricky to be laid as the rail tracks had to be laid through hilly regions, snake roads, tunnel, and bridge as well.
- At the construction time, this was surely a huge task for the engineers of that era.
- Former it was a basic Meter- Gauge train and later it was transformed into a Heritage Tourism rail.
OVERVIEW OF GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
- One has to ferry a train from the Khamli Ghat station to the Goram Ghat station to experience the fascinating Goram Ghat.
- Initially, the train starts from Maavli, but the tourists prefer boarding their train from the Khamli Ghat station.
- The Khamli ghat is situated near Devgad of Rajsamand district.
- The distance between Khamli Ghat and Goram Ghat is merely 14kms but it takes around an hour via the train journey to reach the location, because of the steep and tricky rail track.
- One can also say that the speed of this particular train is quite slow comparatively. But looking at the bright side: the journey enchants an individual with the enthralling natural sceneries.
- The train journey is the main attraction as according to the tourists who’ve visited Goram Ghat, the train journey is much more captivating than the actual location.
- On reaching the Goram Ghat station, the passengers have to trek down to a miraculous waterfall, people love to bathe in the waterfall and enjoy the nature’s purity.
- There are several temples also that can be visited at Goram Ghat including Temples of Gorakhaath Ji, Lord Shiva, Bheru Nath Ji, Heenglaaj Maheshwari, Peepleshhwar Maharaj, etc.
FLORA AND FAUNA AT GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
Fairly rich in biodiversity the area is covered by dense Dhok forest along with many medicinal plants. Among prominent animals found are Sloth Bear, Leopard, Wild Boar, Four Horned Antelope, Hyena, Red Spurfowl, Alpine swift, Paradise Fly Catcher & Indian Pitta are important birds sighted.
UDAIPUR TO GORAM GHAT TRAIN TIME – GORAM GHAT RAILWAY STATION
There is no direct train from Udaipur to Goram ghat, You have to take the meter gauge train from Marwar Junction to Goram Ghat Marwar i.e Mavli Pass Mg (52073) and it runs on every day of the week. timings Departure 06:35 am and reach 11:21 am, The rail track to the Goram Ghat was built in 1932 by the Englishmen along with the help of former Mewar’s Maharana.
THE ROUTES OF GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
The route is full of scenic natural beauty, mountains, streams, small falls, valleys…it’s just too good. My advice is please carry with you sufficient water, foods, snacks, and travel helping equipment such as DSLR and it is a must.
The waterfall at the end is a sight for sore eyes and bathing in it is hidden heaven! Its Nature lovers will definitely like this, Purely natural place surrounded by valleys & hills. The train journey between Kachhbali to Goram Ghat is itself a great experience.
BEST TIME TO VISIT GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
The best time to visit Goram ghat is the monsoon season, it is the best picnic spot during the rainy season and do not disturb any wild animal. be careful with the waterfalls and it’s depth. Keep your eyes on the kids. July to October is the best time. The monsoon season is the best time to visit the Goram Ghat, as the mighty hilly region cannot be missed with the crystal falling lighting the valley.
Monsoon Season: July to September
TIMINGS OF BOARDING THE TRAIN
- The boarding time from Khamli Ghat Station is 10:00 am.
- The boarding time from Goram Ghat Station is 4:00 pm.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OF GORAM GHAT UDAIPUR CITY
- There is no food facility available at the Goram Ghat; one must carry food packets accordingly for a safe binging.
- Also, no changing rooms are available.
- One must wear comfortable shoes, as the trekking is an integral part of the journey.
- A nearby Forest reservoir area can be visited by paying a small entrance fee.
This place is connected with wildlife, Aravali Hills, nature and small waterfalls and It is a wonderful place for nature photographer & wildlife lover, there is 50 feet wide waterfall with a distance of 500 meters. Many rocks and stones are in between waterfall that attracts you to organize a family party and it is the one of best picnic spots in the monsoon season near Udaipur & Rajsamand.
The full expanse of the Goram Ghat nested in the Aravali hills! The afternoon passenger train from the Marwar junction passes through the viaduct on the foot of the Shiv Temple towards the Mavli junction in Rajasthan. Once home to hundreds of miles of Meter Gauge network which outnumbered Broad Gauge even after the millennium, this has now been reduced to this last stretch of paradise.
Great Aravalli Hills nearby the place. Goram ghat region is very adventures for trekking. the most beautiful trek is behind Goram ghat railway station to Gorakhnath temple top(up) & back down towards Bagor Ki Nal bridge (Prabhu Das Ji Ki Dhuni), Near old Phulad.