Ubeshwar Ji Udaipur – A Scenic Tourist Spot Near the Temple Ubeshwar Mahadev Temple
Udaipur is known for its beauty, traditions and architecture masterpiece but the excitement does not stop here. On your trip to Udaipur you can visit marvellous landmarks and monuments that symbolises the harmony and pride of Rajasthan. If you are done sightseeing in the Udaipur, then there is a picnic spot just nearby Udaipur – Ubeshwar Ji. One of the most loved spots that turns paradise when the rain starts, and the water starts flowing.
Udaipur is surrounded by a range of Aravalli Mountains, a scenic natural place where Ubeshwar Ji is picked as a picnic location with the admirable natural views combined with peace. Ubeshwar Ji is one among many beautiful places outside Udaipur that is perfect for a family outing or spending a day with friends. Located in the remote area and surrounded by widely spread green valleys of Aravalli mountains alongside the seasonal rivers. You can visit and to see for yourself the best destination with panoramic landscapes which is 80m above sea level.
Information on Things to do at Ubeshwar Ji Udaipur
- To discover this astounding location, you have to travel for 45 minutes from the main destination – Udaipur.
- Ubeshwar Ji – a picnic spot famous for the temple of Lord Shiva also known as Mahadev. You can get the hint that you have arrived at your destination by hearing the sound of bells from the temple and the sight of people enjoying near the pond.
- One can visit the temple first before beginning the picnic fun, we request you not to litter and create too much noise in the temple premises as it is a place of worshipping.
- A visit to temple before beginning the picnic is a recommended. Kindly make sure not to litter and create too much noise in the temple premises as it is a place of worshipping.
- If you are peace lover or fond of meditation, then you can refrain yourself by not talking loudly and eating in the premises.
- The perfect location to enjoy the ideal picnic is near the pond. There is a land available near the pond containing stones and sand; therefore, don’t forget to carry your floor mats or portable chairs along with you to make the seating comfortable.
- The lake is a home to small varied fishes where you can feed and adore the beauty of the lake or go for a swim.
- The pond is not too deep, but it is recommended not to go far if you don’t know how to swim.
- Carry sufficient amount of food and water supply with you as this is a location away from the city and there is only a small kiosk nearby. The kiosk serves tea and tasty pakodas which will lighten up the mood while enjoying the scenic beauty.
- We suggest heading back to the city before it turns too dark as the area is not equipped with sufficient streetlights and there is no proper accommodation facility available near Ubeshwar Ji.
- The road towards Ubeshwar Ji is not relaxing and it is recommended to drive safely on the road keeping all the safety measures.
- Keep the tank full of your vehicle before heading towards the location as there is no Petrol pump available nearby.
- Wear comfortable footwear to the location as being a natural place it consists of sand and stones, the area near the pond remains slippery because of the water splashed often, so take care of not getting slipped into the pond.
- You can enjoy feeding the fish present in the pond with fish food only.
- Do not pollute the lake by throwing garbage or eatables.
- If you are lucky enough then you can also spot some seasonal waterfalls from the water streams flowing near the location.
Places to Visit Near Ubeshwar Ji
- Peepliya Ji – Head straight towards Dodavali Village, after a 3 km drive the road will diverge into 2; take the left road straight to reach the destination.
- If you are an adventurous type of explorer then you can take a right towards the Dodavali Village (the road doesn’t contain any exclusive picnic spot).
Ubeshwar Ji Mahadev Temple Udaipur
Ubeshwar Mahadev Temple is a popular temple of Lord Shiva near Udaipur city, in the state of Rajasthan. Located on a green hill in the Ubeshwar area of Udaipur, this location is truly a paradise. The premises contain a holy pond (Gangu Kund) for ritual bathing among locals.
Apart from the temple, there are a plenty of places within a range of 20 km outside Udaipur stretch where you can experience the exquisite blessings of nature. Though the weather is hot in Udaipur, it shines more with ecstasy during Monsoon season. The beauty of Ubeshwar Ji cannot be simply described in words – a rain-washed, lush green valley’s covered with clouds make it looks like a dreamland. The chirping of birds synchronized with the sound of sparkling rivers, wind and the entire environment creates a magically spell.
Ubeshwar Ji Nature Trail Hiking – A Guided Experience
Udaipur holds the best and everything that matches the taste of every type of tourist and is awaiting to be explored. If you are looking for an unforgettable hiking experience then Ubeshwar Ji is the right destination. You can take up an enjoying adventurous hiking experience which starts from the famous Ubeshwar Ji temple. The hiking will be under a trained and professional guide along with all the safety equipment.
What Sightseeing will Cover Hiking in Ubeshwar Ji?
You will enjoy every bit of this as it will provide you with a chance to see the beautiful ranges of Aravalli Mountains which is the oldest in India. You will come across many villages where you can get to know the life of local people, culture and the lifestyle. You can visit the houses to understand the art of living in a better way.
How to Reach Ubeshwar Ji Udaipur?
Reaching Ubeshwar Ji is easy, just follow below steps:
- Head towards Malla-Talai Circle and take a sharp right to the Rampura Chauraha
- From the Rampura Chauraha take another right towards the Ubeshwar Ji road
- Drive for 20-25 minutes on the curvy path, and you will arrive at the destination when you spot the Ubeshwar Ji Temple.
- Take a close right from Mallatalai Circle and go straight till you reach Rampura Circle
- Turn to the right, you will notice a milestone pointing towards Ubeshwar
- Drive along with the road passing through villages.
- Keep on enjoying the valley taking you up to the hills and there you go…you will see Ubeshwar Ji after approximately 20-25 mins drive.
Places to See at Ubeshwar Ji Udaipur
You can absolutely enjoy the landscapes, rivers, waterfalls and villages while traveling to Ubeshwar Ji. While reaching your destination you can enjoy the temple located on the bank a small lake. Thereafter, you can go towards Dodavali village from Ubeshwar which is just 6km away.
Picnic Spots at Ubeshwar Ji Udaipur
Ubeshwar Ji temple is itself the lone standing picnic spot. If you are thinking about a stay, then there is no specific place where you can spend your night. However, there are plenty of indistinct places you can choose to enjoy your day with family and friends.
Things to Take Care at Ubeshwar Ji
- We recommend to carry food or snacks with you as you will not find any good restaurants or shops offering eatables other than tea stalls.
- Make sure your vehicle is well serviced as the road to Ubeshwar has many sharp curves and slopes.
- If you have alto phobia (fear of height) then think twice before planning this trip.
- The nearest petrol pump is 20 km far, therefore, keep your tank full and air pressure of tires correct.
Nearby Places at Ubeshwar Ji Udaipur
You can take your exploration to next spot by going towards a village called Dodawali which is 6 km away from Ubeshwar Temple. Further, just 3 km before Dodavali road divides into two where on the right side is Dodavali and on left to Pipliya which is 4 km in the valleys from the turn. Pipliya is one of the most beautiful locations with greenery all around along the valley dividing two roads, one going up towards mountains to Pipliya and others going down towards Dodawali.
We hope this information will be useful to you while planning your trip to Ubeshwar Ji – the famous Mahadev temple near Udaipur.