IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management Udaipur – Best Management Institution
Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (popularly known as IIM Udaipur) is the thirteenth IIM to be established in India. Founded in the year 2011, IIM Udaipur provides high-quality management education to young minds and working professionals. IIM is a well-known brand in India in the field of management education which has been fostered by the Government of India for the last 50 years. IIM Udaipur represents the same tradition of nurturing the brightest talents to create a pool of leaders to steer the Indian economy in the future. IIM Udaipur became functional in the year 2011 in the picturesque city of Udaipur in Rajasthan. The college is spread over 300 acres of land. Udaipur provides the ideal backdrop of heritage and history for the institute to make a distinguishing mark in management education in the region. Indian Institute Of Management Udaipur, popularly known as IIM Udaipur or IIMU is ranked 13th among management institutes in India by NIRF Rankings 2019. The institute offers programs at the postgraduate and doctoral levels in the field of management. Admission to these programs is done based on the score obtained in national level entrance exams like CAT, GMAT, GRE, etc.
- Post Graduate Programme (PGP) – IIM-U’s flagship program, PGP, is a two-year residential program.
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Four-year full time residential doctoral program
- Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives PGPX) – One – year program for experienced professionals
- Management Development Programme for Women Entrepreneurs (MDPWE)
Contact Number: 02942477106, 02942477106
Address: Balicha Campus, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001
About IIM College Udaipur
Indian Institute of Management Udaipur officially welcomed its first batch in 2011. The Government of India approved the proposal to form this institute in 2009. IIM Udaipur was established as a part of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) group to create a pool of elite managers to lead various sectors of the country. For more than fifty years, the IIMs have been providing excellence in the field of management, teaching, research, and innovation in the country. Presently, IIM Udaipur is under the exemplary guidance of its Director – Prof. Janat Shah. Apart from its flagship full-time MBA Program, the institute also offers an MBA for Executives in Global Supply Chain Management and Digital Enterprise Management. At the higher education level, IIM Udaipur offers a Ph.D. Program.
In a very short duration, IIM Udaipur has established itself as one of the best management schools in India. It was the fourth IIM and the youngest B-school in India to achieve the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditation. In 2019, IIMU got listed in the prestigious QS Masters in Management Ranking 2020. IIM Udaipur is also the youngest B-school in the world to be featured in Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2019 at the 76th position. IIMU holds the 13th place in the NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) Ranking, which is awarded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. IIMU is also the first among the second-generation IIMs in this list. Apart from these, IIMU is among the top 5 institutes in research according to the UT Dallas Ranking. IIM Udaipur is also a part of the Global Business School Network (GBSN). IIMU’s faculty members are eminent scholars holding Ph.D.s or equivalents from reputed institutes of the country, or premier foreign universities. Being a prestigious management college, IIMU endeavours to hire the best to provide high-end expertise to its students.
IIM Udaipur Alumni Network
IIM Udaipur maintains a strong relationship with its alumni. The college has an alumni community, which is robust and consists of dynamic young professionals, who are thriving in their respective domains. The Corporate Relations Office provides all the possible support and resources to the alumni. Any IIMU student can get in touch with any IIMU alumnus or current student regarding career, contacts, and more at the IIMU Alumni Portal. The Incubation Centre provides a range of support for entrepreneurs of IIMU. The alumni network also organizes chapter meets, known as ‘Adhyay,’ where the alumni meet and greet each other every year.
Information About IIM College Udaipur
Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIMU) is one of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) set up by the Government of India. IIMU has three long duration and two short duration programs. They are:
- PGP: the Post Graduate Program in Management (MBA) is the flagship 2-year program
- PGPX: The 15-month full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX) is a dual degree program in Global Supply Chain Management in partnership Krannert School of Management, Purdue University.
- FPM: The doctoral level Fellow Program in Management
- The Summer School for Future Leaders in Development with the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University, USA.
- Management Development Program for Women Entrepreneurs in collaboration with IIM Bangalore, aimed at helping young startups by women entrepreneurs achieves sustainable business growth.
Over more than half a century the Indian Institutes of Management have established an enviable record of quality and accomplishment. IIM Udaipur, established in 2011, is well-positioned to build on this proud legacy and at the same time take advantage of the opportunity to innovate and bring a unique perspective to all our activities. IIM Udaipur is already ranked 13th in the Management category and 1st among the new IIMs by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of the Indian Government’s Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). It is the youngest AACSB accredited B-school in India. With this recognition, IIM Udaipur became the fourth IIM to gain either AACSB or EQUIS, entering the ranks of IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta. IIMU is now rated 3rd among Indian business schools based on research published in leading global journals according to the methodology deployed by the UT Dallas’ Naveen Jindal School of Management.
Overview of IIM College Udaipur
Established in 2011, the Indian Institute of Management Udaipur is situated at Balicha, Udaipur-313001, Rajasthan. Being an autonomous management institute in the city of Udaipur, IIM is one of the well-known institutes for providing quality management institute. The institute is accredited from AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and is rated 3rd among Indian business schools based on research published in leading global journals. Also, IIM Udaipur has secured 13th rank in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) among top management colleges of India and 1st among the new all Indian Institute of Management.
The institute was established with a mission to create by providing quality application-oriented management education. Postgraduate Program in Management(PGPM) and Post Graduate Program in Management for Executive (PGPEx) are available at application-oriented management education currently. Also, the college provides admission to Fellow Program in Management. Just like other IIM’s, CAT Score is mandatory for getting admission in IIM Udaipur including 50% or equivalent marks (45% for students from reserved categories) in the Bachelor’s Degree. Candidates have to pass through PA (WAT & PI) process as a part of the selection process. Further selection will include students’ academic scores and CAT Cutoff. Applicants having some Work Experience will count as an advantage, Although a minimum of 3 yr work experience is a must for admissions in the 15 Months Dual Degree International PGPX Program. Reservation is available at the college based on the criteria, the students belong to. Students may also apply for the government scholarships which will be granted after the students will found to be eligible.
Placement of IIM College Udaipur
The placement team of the Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur constitutes of experts working from so many in this sector who work hard in providing better opportunities to all of their students admitted to the college. Experts from industries and organisations visited the campus for assisting students with modern technologies used in industries. Regular Industrial visits are organised by the placement cell of IIM Udaipur to increase the practical skills of the students and make them familiar with the industrial environment. About 13.88% of the students who opted for internships got selected as permanent employees based on their performance during the internship period. HIghest Basic Salary offered to the students of PGP Program was INR 1,020,000 and Min was INR 101,400 excluding other components. While for PGPeX batch the maximum salary raised to USD 743,800 and minimum to USD 227,273 excluding other components.
The campus of the Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur covers almost 300 acres of land in the city of Jaipur. IIM Udaipur constitutes of many world-class facilities which facilitate the students to learn better . Classrooms and Academic block of the college are equipped with projectors where live lectures of experts and faculties of some other reputed institutes take place. The sports facility of IIM Udaipur has many sports like football, cricket, volleyball, table tennis, and basketball. Residential Facility is available at the campus which provides a housing place for the students who got admitted to the college which can be opted by the faculties also. Students can find books by different authors at the college library.
More Information About IIM College Udaipur
The IIMs have a proud record of quality and accomplishment. IIM Udaipur is positioned to carry forward this illustrious legacy and is breaking ground by focusing on world-class research and transforming the learning of students who will be managers and leaders of tomorrow. The Institute has arrived on the global education stage by getting accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) in merely eight years of its establishment. With this accreditation, IIM Udaipur has joined the elite group of 5 percent of the world’s B-schools to gain this prestigious distinction. IIMU has recently been listed on the QS 2020 Masters in Management (MIM) Rankings as well as the Financial Times (FT) MIM Ranking 2019. IIMU is the youngest B school in the world on both these rankings.
According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), IIM Udaipur is ranked 13th in the Management category and 1st among the second-generation IIMs. IIMU is currently ranked 4th in India for research in the field of management according to the methodology used by UT Dallas which tracks publications in the leading global journals.
Awards and Rankings of IIM College Udaipur
- IIM Udaipur has been regretted on several occasions for its best quality education and entrepreneurial development.
- IIMU has been rewarded as 2nd Best Conference Paper at the Third International Conference on Corporate Governance under the theme “Corporate Governance: The Road Ahead”, March 27 – 29, 2012 at Shri Ram College of Commerce(SRCC), University of Delhi.
- This B-School has been rated as Best Conference Paper at the National Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility- Issues in Implementation, February 9th to 11th 2012, organized by Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) and Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS). IIM Udaipur has been ranked as Best Dissertation Award for the thesis titled “Financial Disclosures and Corporate Governance” presented under the dissertation track at National Research Conference on Globalism India organized by AIMA, Jan 12-13, 2011.
The Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, also known as IIMU, is a graduate business school in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. Established as an autonomous body in 2011, the institute offers a two-year full-time MBA program, one-year postgraduate executive program (PGPX), doctoral programs and other management development programs. It is one of the seven Indian Institutes of Management set up by the central government during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan.
History of IIM College Udaipur
IIM Udaipur was inaugurated on 30 July 2011 by C. P. Joshi, Minister of Road Transport and Highways. The institute was one of the seven IIMs established by the Indian government. The institute offered its postgraduate program (PGP) to 57 students in its first year, and its postgraduate executive program (PGPX) at a temporary campus located at the Polymer Science Building of the Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU), Udaipur. Mr. Pankaj Patel, the Chairman and Managing Director of Zydus Cadila, was appointed the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the institute in January 2016. Mr. Patel took over from Mr. C. K. Birla, Chairman of Hindustan Motors. Prof. Janat Shah, an IIT Bombay and IIM Ahmedabad alumnus, who was working with IIM Bangalore at that time as a full-time faculty was appointed as the institute’s Director at its inception.
The Campus of IIM College Udaipur
IIM Udaipur became operational from 2011 in a temporary campus located at Polymer Science Building, Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU), Udaipur, Rajasthan. Construction is completed at the 300 acre land in the Balicha area of Udaipur, Rajasthan, which has been allocated by the Government of Rajasthan for the institute’s new Campus. Honourable Union Minister for HRD, Smriti Irani has inaugurated the campus. The construction of the new campus would be completed in two phases. The institute has started functioning from the new campus post completion of the first phase in April 2016.
Academics of IIM College Udaipur
Since 2018, IIM Udaipur offers MBA degrees, the second IIM in the country to do so, following IIM Bangalore. The courses offered are the regular two-year full-time residential program (PGP) and the one-year full-time residential executive program (PGPX). The institute also offers a doctoral-level fellowship program (FPM), which usually has a duration of 4.5 to 5 years. IIM Udaipur’s courses are accredited by AACSB.
Ranking of IIM College Udaipur
IIMU was ranked 13 in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) management school ranking in 2019. It is the only New IIM to be ranked below 15 in all NIRF rankings. It was ranked 8 in India by Outlook Magazine in 2020. It is ranked 76th (4th in India) in the Financial Times Global Ranking for Management and is the youngest Indian B-School to be featured in the global rankings. It also features amongst the 6 Institutes based out of India to feature in QS Global Ranking for Management.
MBA DEM at IIM College Udaipur
IIM Udaipur’s has launched a new 1 Year MBA Course in Digital Enterprise Management. This course combines theory and practice related to advanced analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Highlights of IIM College Udaipur
Commencing Operation in 2011, IIM Udaipur has become a top MBA college with many USPs during the short period. Established in 2009, the Government of India approved the creation of IIM Udaipur and since then there is no looking back. IIM Udaipur aims to set a new benchmark in the field of management education by combining excellence in both teaching and research. The Institute strives to make a real difference to the region, forging strong relationships with local NGOs and government and working closely with industry on live projects, internships, guest lectures, faculty research, and many events throughout the academic year. IIM Udaipur is committed to nurturing leaders and entrepreneurs who will power their organizations in the emerging economies. At the same time, the Institute remains deeply rooted in the region and the nation. IIM Udaipur creates an environment where the students, faculty, and staff can achieve their maximum potential. IIM Udaipur offers flagship 2 years post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) as well as a 1-year full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX).
- IIM Udaipur has earned international accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). With this recognition, IIM Udaipur becomes the fourth IIM to gain one of the two key international accreditations – AACSB or EQUIS, entering the ranks of IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta.
- IIM Udaipur is ranked 13 in Govt of India MHRD-NIRF Rankings 2018; Ranked 19 in MBAUniverse.com Ranking 2018; Ranked 25 in Business Today India’s Best B-schools 2018 Ranking
- IIM Udaipur provides students with the freedom and institutional support they need to explore their entrepreneurial ambitions.
- IIM Udaipur has international collaborations for student exchange programs and overseas summer internships
- IIM Udaipur pedagogy includes Rural Immersion, Corporate Immersion through live projects and internships in India and abroad and International Immersion, through student exchanges, internships, and courses like International Business in Practice
- IIM Udaipur is ranked 13th in the Management category and 1st among the second generation IIMs by National Institutional Ranking Framework
- IIM Udaipur is now one of the top 5 B-schools in India for research based on the methodology used by UT Dallas which tracks publications in 24 leading business journals
- IIMU is also the youngest institution in the country to receive accreditation from AACSB
Admission at IIM College Udaipur
- CAT is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to IIM Udaipur
- Minimum CAT score cut off is 90 percentile which may go up or down depending upon the number of candidates opting for IIM Udaipur and as per the decision of Admission Committee
- Actual CAT 2018 score Cut-Off Criteria shall be decided later in the meeting of Directors of participating IIMs to be held in January 2019 after CAT result declaration
- Shortlisting for final selection round is based on CAT score and other parameters
- IIM Udaipur will participate in Common Admission Process (IIM-CAP) consisting of PI-WAT Round for the final selection of the candidates after the shortlisting process completed by it
- Final admission offers would be made based on a merit list. This Merit List would be prepared based on performance in CAT exam, Profile of the candidate, PI and WAT round as per corresponding weights assigned to them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) About IIM Udaipur
Q. Is IIM Udaipur a government institute?
A. Indian Institute of Management Udaipur is a public business school located in Udaipur, Rajasthan. IIMs are a group of 20 public, autonomous institutes of management education and research in India.
Q. What is IIM Udaipur’s ranking?
A. As per the NIRF 2019 rankings, IIM Udaipur stands at 13th rank in the management category.
Q. What are the facilities offered in IIM Udaipur?
A. The campus of IIM Udaipur has state of the art classrooms and wifi. Students are provided with air-conditioned accommodation. The campus has a fully-equipped gym and other recreational facilities. There is an atrium for Yoga, a room for meditation, a 24X7 medical center, an ATM, and eateries.
Q. Is there a refund policy in case a student is unable to complete his/her course?
A. Unfortunately, there is no refund of the fee once the course commences.
Q. Does IIM Udaipur have hostel facility?
A. Yes, the institute has three hostels and one academic block.
Q. Which courses are offered at IIM Udaipur?
A. IIM Udaipur offers the following courses:
1. MBA (2-year program)
2. MBA in Global Supply Chain Management (1-year program)
3. MBA in Digital Management Enterprise (1-year program)
4. Ph.D. in Management (4.5 to 5 years)
Q. Is there any student exchange program at IIMU?
A. Yes, IIMU has agreements with leading business schools in Germany and France for reciprocal student exchanges. Students spend a full semester on the exchange and scholarships are available to defray some of the costs.
Q. Does IIMU offer any scholarship to students?
A. Yes, the institute offers the following scholarship schemes:
• Central sector scholarship scheme of top-class education for SC/ST
• Merit-cum means based scholarships for minority students
• For students with Disabilities
• For students from Rajasthan: Mukhya Mantri Sarvajan Uchcha Shiksha Scheme
Q. What is the seat intake of IIMU?
A. As per the latest update, the seat intake at IIM Udaipur will be 325 in the coming batch.
Q. What is the total fee of the 2-year MBA program?
A. The total fee for the MBA program is Rs 15,92,000.