Best Time and Month to Visit Udaipur
As soon as the plan for vacation or a short break is on board, the first question comes to the mind of every solo traveler, couple looking for romantic getaway or family holiday planner is what is the best time of visit a destination or in here let us just put it in this way:
What is the best time to visit Udaipur? Or maybe – what is the best month to visit Udaipur?
Udaipur – known as the “Venice of the East” and “The Lake City of India”, is a complete tourist destination that has everything – picturesque lakes, the magnificent palaces of the royals, beautiful temples, lush green landscapes, mountains and more. Due to its location just near the Thar Desert, the city has sort of hot and semi-arid climatic conditions along with the commons seasons across India that is summer, monsoon and winter.
We know it is troubling you to plan for your Udaipur holidays with confusions around seasons and climatic conditions. Our article will make it easier to decide the best time to visit Udaipur. Read on…
Visit Udaipur in Summer
Months: March to June
Residing just a few miles from the famous Thar Desert, Udaipur experiences extremely hot and dry summers with temperatures rising to 45 degree Celsius. On an average the temperature remains around 30 – 35 degree during March to June. With such weather conditions, summer is not the best time to visit Udaipur. However, if you still got the plan then you can refer to below exceptional activities and attractions.
What are the Things To Do in Udaipur During Summer?
- The Mewar festival in March / April
- Experience the nightlife in Udaipur by visiting Bars and Cafe
- Experience the festival of colour – Holi
- Spend your day at the amusement parks and water parks in Udaipur
- Visit the Snow Park
- Treat your taste buds at one of top restaurants in Udaipur
- Pamper yourself at one of the spa and wellness centers in Udaipur
- Make your stay at one of the heritage resorts to experience the Rajasthani culture and tradition
Visit Udaipur in Monsoon
Months: July to September
The monsoon in Udaipur is minimal during July to September month. During the rainy season the humidity is at maximum high of 90% – 95% whereas the temperature drops to 30 degree Celsius but you can experience dust, thunderstorms, and windy weather. Of course with that said, the benefit is you will find the lakes filled with water, the lush greenery, magnificent views of the city making it more romantic. On top of this, you might get a great deal on flight tickets, hotels and resorts.
We recommend to visit Udaipur in monsoon if you are an offbeat traveller looking for a change or experience something different in the rain and lush greenery.
What are the Things To Do in Udaipur During Monsoon?
- The festival of Teej in July or August
- Enjoy the Hariyali Amavasya Festival at Fateh Sagar Lake
- Spectate or participate the Gangaur Festival
- Spend your time enjoying the views or sunset at lakes in Udaipur – Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaisagar Lake, Jaisamand Lake, Rajsamand Lake, etc.
- Explore museums and parks in Udaipur – City Palace Museum, Ahar Archaeological Museum, Bhartiya Lok Kala Mandal Museum, Vintage and Classic Car Museum, Bagore Ki Haveli, etc.
- Visit Under The Sun, India’s largest fish aquarium
- Spend a fun time enjoying a puppet show and folk dance show
- Don’t forget to visit the Monsoon Palace
Months: October to February
Winters are the best if you are planning to visit Udaipur during the months – October to March. The days are sunny and the nights are chilled with temperature ranging from 10 degree to 25 degree Celsius. Among these months, you can experience the cold wave during the month of December and January.
If you are planning a trip to Udaipur within this duration then you will enjoy pleasant views, boat rides on the lakes, rooftop dinners, shopping, enjoying the best festivals. Also a note, at this is just most preferred time to visit Udaipur, we recommend to book your hotels and resorts to the earliest for hassle-free vacation.
What are the Things To Do in Udaipur in Winter?
- Explore the City Palace, Lake Palace, Jag Mandir, Saheliyon Ki Bari, and other temples and monuments
- Enjoy motorboat or a boat ride in the lakes of Udaipur
- Camel rides are not to be missed
- Enjoy sunset at the Fateh Sagar Lake, Sajjangarh Fort, Jagmandir Palace, Sunset Terrace
- Dussehra celebrations – The win of good over evil
- Navaratri celebrations – Enjoy 9 day music and dance festival
- Spectate or participate in the World Living Heritage Festival
- Celebrate Diwali – The festival of lights and crackers
- Visit Shilpgram Art Fair
- Book your tickets for the Udaipur World Music Festival and dance to the tunes of renowned artists
- Enjoy the Kumbhalgarh Festival
- Wildlife spotting at Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lastly, shop till you drop at the shopping markets in Udaipur
We hope our article will help you plan your holiday based on the season or month you pick and cherish the memories for a lifetime with so much things to do in Udaipur.