BEST TIME TO VISIT UDAIPUR
Ideal Time to Explore the City at Its Best !!
Udaipur, the Venice of the East, is a mesmerizing saga of picturesque lakes, magnificent palaces, and grand temples. Due to its location in the desert lands of Rajasthan, the city has hot and semi-arid climatic conditions with three major seasons – summer, monsoon, and winter. However, the greenery and the lakes dotting the city makes it one of the most popular monsoon destinations in India. Udaipur is among the most beautiful places you would visit! The lush valleys and hills, the picturesque lakes, the culture, and heritage make Udaipur the most sought-after destination. Wondering when is the best time to visit Udaipur? The peak tourism season starts in October and ends in March. You can find many festivals during this season. All tourism spots will be at prime beauty during this season. The climate is pleasing during winter. The demand for services related to tourism like hotels, tickets, and others will be very high. It is essential to pre-book all necessary amenities. Monsoon is also a good time for tourism. Many fairs and exhibitions take place during monsoon. You can find many honeymooners during monsoon and winter.
BEST TIME TO VISIT UDAIPUR CITY
The splendid city of Udaipur observes the three main seasons, summers (Mid-March-June), monsoons (July-September) and winters (October-March) respectively. In the bright sun of summers, one cannot enjoy the landscape of Udaipur. Located in the desert area, Udaipur enjoys a tropical climate. The arrival of Monsoon brings a sense of relief after the scorching summers. However, the city receives a meager amount of rainfall, approximately around 637 mm, which makes the place very humid. Winter season is considered as the best time to visit Udaipur. In winters, the temperature touches maximum of 28.3 degrees Celsius and a minimum of 11.6 degrees Celsius. With such temperature, Udaipur experiences a pleasant climate in winters. Months from September to March make the ideal time to visit this city of lakes. If you want to enjoy Udaipur in its full glory, it would be better to plan your trip during the winter. In totality, the best time to visit Udaipur is between September and March.
THE SOOTHING TREAT – WINTERS
- Winters in Udaipur stays from October to February month.
- The Temperature is quite pleasant and varies from 5 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius.
- If you plan to explore Udaipur in October, November, February, there’s no need to carry any winter wear, the nights may be quite chilly though so you can pack 1-2 thermals for safety.
- If you plan to visit Udaipur in December and January, you must pack some winter wear as the downfall of the temperature can bother.
- Winter season is the best time to visit Udaipur as one can easily explore every fort and palace and other places at day time as well without any sweating and dehydration.
- If you’re planning your honeymoon in Udaipur during the winter season, we’d like to appreciate your decision as Udaipur has a lot to offer to the romantic couples, we assure you it will be treated for you in Udaipur.
HUMID YET TENDER – MONSOONS
- The Monsoon season officially arrives in July and stays till September.
- Approximately the city is blessed with approximately 637mm of annual rainfall.
- The temperature lowers down than the summer season, but the monsoon leaves the city pretty humid.
- It can be a risky game to visit Udaipur in Monsoons, because there are days with little rains like drizzling, which may not interfere in exploring Udaipur, and end up making the weather soothing and enjoyable. But on the other hand, there may be days with heavy rainfalls, that might keep you packed in the hotel rooms for the rest of the day.
- If you’re blessed enough, you can have the most maleficent trip to Udaipur in the monsoon season, and you can have a glimpse of several breath-taking views.
- We suggest you carry extra clothing and comfortable monsoon friendly footwear in the monsoon season, also don’t forget to bring water-proof makeup.
THE NOT SO COOL – SUMMERS
- Summers last from March till June month in Udaipur.
- The temperature varies from 23 degrees Celsius to 44 degrees Celsius during this period.
- Though the hotel fares are decreased because of the Off-Season, you can book a room in its half price.
- Summers turn out to be extremely dry during March and April months, later in May, June, and July the humidity level increases.
- If you plan to visit Udaipur in the summer season, don’t forget to carry caps, scarfs, cotton clothes, and sunscreen lotion.
- Also, stay hydrated, intake a lot of water and coolers to keep you cool.
- Try stepping out of the hotels after the sunset as the breeze cools down by that time, but the fort and palace timings might not match the evening outings.
- You may be a fitness freak, but avoid walking to various locations as the high temperature can sweep off all the energy.
BEST MONTH AND SEASON TO VISIT UDAIPUR CITY
If you are looking for an exciting family getaway in this majestic city, the best time to visit Udaipur is winter. Udaipur weather is generally clement, but in winter the weather is highly favorable for sightseeing and outdoor activities and is welcoming to travelers of all ages. However, depending on your interests, here is a monthly breakup of Udaipur’s climatic conditions that will help you set your travel itineraries with ease for your family vacation.
WINTER (OCTOBER TO MID-MARCH)
Unlike any other place in Rajasthan, winter is great in Udaipur! The season witnesses mild drop in temperature throughout the daylight with ample of sunlight to make you warm. While the mornings and nights experience a drastic drop in the temperature going as low as 5-6 degrees Celsius. Winters is one of the best time to visit Udaipur, as the city observes fog, a little bit of shower, winter breeze and so much! Summing up, Udaipur becomes all the more romantic in winters! And thus, if you are a seeker of romantic dewy weather then winters must be your time to visit Udaipur.
SUMMER (MID-MARCH TO JUNE)
The scorching sun might want you to stay in the shade! The summers are not the ideal time to visit Udaipur, although it often rains in the middle of summer months hence lowering the temperatures. Exploring the city becomes quite strenuous in the daytime because of the sun. Evenings and nights are comparatively cooler than the day but people do not prefer to spend their vacations in summer in Udaipur until it’s where their granny’s stays!!! The temperature in summers in Udaipur reaches up to 42-43 degrees Celsius while the minimum remains somewhere around 24-27 degrees Celsius. Summers in Udaipur lasts from March to late June. These months experience some of the hottest temperatures, ranging between 40 and 45 degrees Celsius. Although it can get extremely hot during the day, the evenings are relatively pleasant. This is the best time to enjoy a stroll around some of the many lakes here and bask in the sheer serenity of one’s surroundings. While summer may not be the best time to visit Udaipur, it is the best time to partake in the cultural opulence of the locals. The traditional Mewar festival is often celebrated in March. This festival is a great opportunity for travelers who wish to be regaled by the various tales, legends, and sights.
MONSOON (JULY TO SEPTEMBER)
Monsoons can be considered to be the Best Time to Visit Udaipur for the love of petrichor! Although the city receives somewhat lesser rainfall, Udaipur is considered at its best during the rain showers. All the lakes are filled with water, the Ayad River flows fervently during this season – the entire city’s beauty is at its peak in the monsoons. It is highly recommended for tourists to visit Udaipur in the Monsoon season as it is great to witness lush green Aravali Ranges along with the overall beauty of the city. The monsoon season in Udaipur begins in July and continues till September when the weather becomes quite pleasant and cheap hotel prices can be availed during this season. Although, frequent rains might hinder the sightseeing plans. The hotel prices are high during this time of the year as this is the peak season to visit Udaipur. If you are someone who is looking for great deals and discounts then it is advisable to visit Udaipur in July. Udaipur’s weather remains pleasant and is good for exploring lakes as these lakes turn out to be more fascinating during the monsoon season.
MORE ABOUT THE BEST TIME AND SEASON TO VISIT UDAIPUR CITY
The best time to visit Udaipur is the winter season. The temperature remains comfortable and is apt for visiting the monuments and other places of interest in Udaipur. The best months to visit are September, October, November, December, February, and March. The best time to visit Udaipur is during the winter season (September to March). This is the best season to visit Udaipur as the weather is pleasant with the maximum temperature reaching just around 28.3°C. The mornings, evenings, and nights are cool and lovely. November to February constitutes the winter season in this region, and this is considered the best time to visit Udaipur. The weather is mild and conducive for sightseeing tours. Tourists can enjoy the Shilpgram Crafts Fair held during this time of the year. It is also the best season to visit Udaipur because the weather is perfect for exploring the ancient haveli, forts, monuments, and palaces. There are plenty of fairs and festivals that are held in Udaipur during this time of the year.
The winter months are the best time to visit Udaipur. During the daytime, the weather is warm and dry, with spells of humidity. The evenings, on the other hand, are cool and pleasant accompanied by a waft of some cool breeze. It is, therefore the best time to visit Udaipur and experience what the city has to offer. Apart from this, winter is also the best time to go sightseeing when you can visit majestic fortresses, stunning palaces, exquisite havelis, and natural sites. The best time to visit Udaipur is winter in the months from September till March when the weather is pleasant and perfect for sightseeing and temperature ranges from 11°C to 26°C. Udaipur sees the highest number of travelers during the winter season as the weather is cool, unlike the summer season. Also, Shilpgram Crafts Fair is being organized every year during the winter season which people can enjoy in Udaipur in this season. This makes it an ideal time to visit Udaipur.
“Enjoy a fun holiday in this beautiful lake town and experience the magic and splendor of Udaipur. Spend a scintillating adventurous time in one of the most majestic royal cities of Rajasthan.”
Winter is the best time to visit Udaipur and enjoy the unique attractions of this gorgeous city. October marks the advent of autumn and the gradual transition to winter, the Udaipur weather is mild and extremely pleasant. The average high temperature during October-November is about 30°C, while the average low is about 20°C. During December – January, the average high is about 20-25°C whereas the average low drops to below 10°C. The days are bright and sunny, while evenings and nights can be quite chilly. The months of October/November are also the time when Dussehra and Diwali are celebrated with great festivity, which attracts scores of tourists from all over India and abroad. Another major winter attraction is the splendid Shilpgram Fair, held annually in November-December. Spring (February/March) also ranks as the best time to visit Udaipur when the average temperature hovers between 15-30°C, the overall weather is pleasant and comfortable. The spectacular Mewar Festival celebrates the arrival of spring, and the grand festivities are a wonderful sight.